When you think about trust, who or what comes to mind? Is it a family member? A friend? Or is it something bigger, like a brand, or a business, or government?
Where—and in whom—we place our trust is important to the development and progress of our society. So, the question we’re asking today is: who do Canadians trust in 2023?
On this episode, we speak with Bianca Freedman, Chief Executive Officer of Edelman Canada, to discuss the 2023 Edelman Trust Barometer and its focus on navigating a polarized world.
We discuss everything from which institution is the most trusted (hint: it’s business), the role of the modern CEO, the wavering trust in government and how trust levels can be driven by economic confidence. We also have some advice for leaders in navigating that polarized world and how they can earn trust in the process.
In this episode:
- Getting to know Bianca
- Introducing the Edelman Trust Barometer
- Business as a trusted institution
- Navigating a polarized world
- Comparing Canada’s metrics to other countries
- Advice for how to address entrenched ideologies
- An example of a strong leader
- Economic confidence
- The role of the CEO in modern society
- Advice for CEOs in navigating meaningful trust in leadership
- The relationship between government and business
- Advice for building trust
- Report: 2023 Edelman Trust Barometer
About The Brief
In this series, co-hosts Scott Crockatt and Brittany Brander explore the big challenges we face as Albertans; celebrate stories of growth, innovation, and prosperity; and discover bold ideas to make life better for Albertans.