2023 has just begun, but already there is much in flux within the province.
Rising inflation and concerns around affordability plague many, and questions around healthcare and a looming global recession weigh heavily on the minds of Albertans.
While Albertans are happy to leave the pandemic behind them, many Albertans are still looking to find their footing heading into 2023.
To help illuminate some of these issues and provide insight into the key priorities of Albertans to start the year, we invited renowned Alberta pollster, Janet Brown from Janet Brown Opinion Research, to the show.
In this episode, Janet helps us dig into the ideas and priorities of Albertans, check in on what’s keeping them up at night, and discuss expectations and implications for the upcoming provincial election in May.
In this episode:
- The influence of public opinion
- The priorities of Albertans heading into 2023
- How Albertans are faring in 2022 vs 2023
- Albertans’ personal financial situations
- The impact of inflation fighting measures
- Attractiveness of living in Alberta
- Efficacy of the Alberta is Calling campaign
- National and international events and their impact on Albertans
- 2023 provincial election
- Inflation and affordability
- The state of volatility in Alberta
- Calgary’s impact on the provincial election
About The Brief
In this series, co-hosts Scott Crockatt and Brittany Brander explore the big challenges we face as Albertans; celebrate stories of growth, innovation, and prosperity; and discover bold ideas to make life better for Albertans. See more episodes here.
Share this episodeOn the first #AlbertaBETTER episode of 2023, we speak with renowned Alberta Pollster @planetjanetyyc to check in on the state of Alberta and to get a pulse of what's on the minds of Albertans heading into 2023. Listen here: #TheBrief Share this episode
Check us out on social media
Subscribe to AlbertaBETTER
Share your thoughts
Have an idea for us to explore or question for us? Send us a message!