Have you ever thought about what life is really like as an elected leader? As public officials, often little is known about what drives them, motivates them, or even keeps them up at night.
On a special episode of C-Suite Unplugged, The Honourable Danielle Smith, the 19th Premier of Alberta joins host Adam Legge for an unplugged and fresh conversation on her career both inside and outside public office.
In this conversation, dubbed Premier Unplugged, you’ll learn about her journey to the top elected office in Alberta, what motivates her leadership style, her love for public policy, and her dreams for the future of the province. Of course, we also talk about the historic Supreme Court decision on the Impact Assessment Act (Bill C-69) and what that means for Alberta.
In this episode:
- The path to becoming Alberta’s Premier
- The draw of politics, policy, and elected office
- Premier Smith’s leadership philosophy
- A typical day in the life of Alberta’s Premier
- Premier Smith’s advice to young professionals
- Premier Smith’s response to the Supreme Court of Canada’s Bill C-69 decision
- Premier Smith’s perspective on Clean Electricity Regulations
- Priorities for the Legislature Fall Session
- Managing Alberta’s rapid population growth
- Premier Smith’s dreams for the future of Alberta
About C-Suite Unplugged
In this series, C-Suite Unplugged, host Adam Legge talks to Alberta’s top CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business leaders about their journey to the C-Suite, what keeps them up at night as an Albertan and as a leader in their industry, and what their outlook is for the future.