Welcome back to a brand new season of The Brief! We hope that you had a wonderful holiday break if you were able to take one. We’re excited to be back for another season exploring the big challenges that we, as Albertans, face and sharing the big ideas that make this province the best place to live.
As has become tradition, we’re kicking off the season with renowned pollster, Janet Brown, to peer into the minds of Albertans and hear her insights on how Albertans are feeling starting off the year.
On this episode, we discuss the effects of affordability on households, people’s perceptions of Alberta’s healthcare reform, thoughts on migration to the province as Alberta nears a 5 million population, and so much more.
In this episode:
- What’s on the minds of Albertans heading into 2024
- Attitudes towards migration and immigration to Alberta
- Reforming Alberta’s healthcare system
- Reflecting back on last year’s provincial election
- What to expect from the official opposition in 2024
- The battle between Alberta and Ottawa
- Albertans’ thoughts on environmental policy
- Predicting our 2025 conversation
- The outlook of Alberta’s fiscal situation
- Janet’s focus in non-election years
- ELECTION PLATFORM: Defining the Decade: The Next Four Years. A Guidebook for a Vibrant & Growing Alberta
About The Brief
In this series, co-hosts Scott Crockatt and Brittany Brander explore the big challenges we face as Albertans; celebrate stories of growth, innovation, and prosperity; and discover bold ideas to make life better for Albertans.