2022 drastically changed the global realities around energy. Between the war in Ukraine, fluctuating energy prices, Europe’s energy crisis, and a steadfast commitment to a low-carbon energy transition, the future of energy no longer looks like it once did.
But present within that changing reality is a new opportunity to be a global leader in the energy space, and it is now up to each country to decide how best to respond.
On this episode, we’re joined by energy expert, Jackie Forrest, Executive Director at ARC Energy Research Institute and co-host of the ARC Energy Ideas Podcast.
We speak with Jackie about the future of Canada’s energy systems, the opportunities and realities present in Canada’s energy transition ahead of our 2030 and 2050 goals, and the challenges we must overcome to be successful.
In this episode:
- Getting to know Jackie
- Podcasts as a medium of communication
- Energy volatility across the next decade
- Underinvestment in hydrocarbons
- Future of electric vehicles (EVs) in Canada
- Expectations for the Federal Budget 2023
- Investment tax credit versus production tax credit
- Understanding contracts for difference
- Renewable energy in Canada
- The role of hydrogen in the energy transition
- Canada’s regulatory system and its challenges
- The impact of political decisions on capital investment
- A look at Norway’s approach to energy
- ARC Energy Ideas Podcast
- Taking Energy Policy with the Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson (ARC Energy Ideas)
About The Brief
In this series, co-hosts Scott Crockatt and Brittany Brander explore the big challenges we face as Albertans; celebrate stories of growth, innovation, and prosperity; and discover bold ideas to make life better for Albertans. See more episodes here.
Check us out on social media
Subscribe to AlbertaBETTER
Share your thoughts
Have an idea for us to explore or question for us? Send us a message!