Technology has improved our lives in incredible ways, but often we don’t truly know by how much.
The vehicles we drive, the computers we operate, and the connections we have to people around the world have all been bolstered by modern technology systems and automation processes that make the world a better place. But how did they come to be?
On today’s episode, we speak with Grant Wilde, President & CEO of Spartan Controls, a company that provides industrial automation solutions to Western Canada.
We talk to Grant about his near 30-year career at the company, his leadership perspective and what influenced it, and why he swears by the power of meditation.
We also dig into the company’s story and Grant’s outlook on its future and the future of Alberta.
In this episode:
- Getting to know Spartan Controls
- The benefits of operating under an employee-owned model
- From high school to President & CEO
- A day in the life of Grant Wilde
- Grant’s involvement in the making of a local film
- Advice for someone starting out their career
- The development of the ‘Leadership Equation™
- A description of Spartan’s sustainability vision
- What keeps Grant up at night
- Alberta’s next four years
- Drowning out the noise
About C-Suite Unplugged
In this series, C-Suite Unplugged, host Adam Legge talks to Alberta’s top CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business leaders about their journey to the C-Suite, what keeps them up at night as an Albertan and as a leader in their industry, and what their outlook is for the future.