From professionals and community advocates to entrepreneurs and C-suite executives, Alberta is home to so many incredible women leaders. These women are innovating business models, disrupting the status quo, and evolving the conversation of what it means to be a leader in a complex world. They are making their communities better.
In the spirit of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, we want to celebrate these women. This podcast series, Celebrating Alberta’s Powerful Women Leaders, highlights the stories of four incredible leaders in Alberta.
Series co-hosts Alicia Planincic and Brittany Brander talk with each leader about her journey into leadership, overcoming barriers and challenges, shifting the conversation about what it means to be a leader, advice for the next generation of leaders, and the vision each holds for the future of Alberta.
Listen to the other stories:
- Karen Brookman, President & CEO, West Canadian Digital Imaging
- Terri Steeves, Vice President, Canada Gas Operations, TC Energy
- Annie Korver, Principal, Rise Consulting
There are so many more stories of women leading, innovating, and driving positive change in Alberta. And we want to celebrate them, too. If there is a woman leader in your life that inspires you, tweet us at @BizCouncilAB and let’s celebrate the contributions that women have made to advance shared prosperity in Alberta.
In This Episode:
- The story behind the ‘everyday maverick”
- Creating a successful organizational culture
- Changing values in and approaches to leadership and the vital role women play
- Kristi’s journey into leadership
- The importance of showing up as your whole and authentic self as a leader
- Advice for future female leaders and male colleagues
- Vision for the future of Alberta
- Celebrating wins and accomplishments
About Kristi Cawthorn
Kristi is the CEO of Startec Compression & Process, an integrated engineering and equipment fabricator with a passion for turning ideas into reality.
Kristi is passionate about creating cultures that support corporate strategy, leadership development, and self development. She believes that through investing in developing our leaders in business we can not only improve corporate performance, but we can also change the lives of our employees and their families.
Kristi is a founding member and current Chair of Canada Powered by Women. Their mission is to shape Canada’s future by creating safe spaces to explore issues, find common ground, and endorse solutions that benefit all Canadians. Canada Powered by Women helps people examine their own beliefs and thinking and facilitates reducing complexity surrounding issues critical to the future of Canada.
Kristi is also a proud recipient of EY’s 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year in Manufacturing, and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employer of the year in 2018 to 2021.