Most of us intrinsically understand where the energy we consume goes—heating, cooking, driving, and electricity. But the role of energy is so much more substantial in our everyday lives, often more so than we tend to realize.
On this episode, we speak with Dean Setoguchi, President & CEO of Keyera Corp, an integrated midstream energy business.
Dean walks us through his career from high school diploma to the C-Suite, gives listeners advice on how to advance their careers, and helps contextualize the life of a CEO.
We also talk to Dean about the many ways energy is used to improve our lives, what ESG means to the folks at Keyera, and where Dean sees the future of Alberta energy heading, among a host of other topics.
In this episode:
- Getting to know Keyera and Dean
- Dean’s journey to the C-Suite
- Shaping the culture at Keyera
- Learning from the Honourable Peter Lougheed
- A day in the life of a CEO
- Advice for people early in their career
- Missing a pass from the Great Wayne Gretzky
- What it means to bundle energy services
- (Re)telling the energy story
- Being a leader in the energy transition
- Emerging technologies to pay attention to
- Why diversity is so important to the makeup of Keyera
- The opportunity for Alberta LNG nationally and globally
- Investing in Canada and the US
- Dean’s long-term view for Alberta
About C-Suite Unplugged
In this series, C-Suite Unplugged, host Adam Legge talks to Alberta’s top CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business leaders about their journey to the C-Suite, what keeps them up at night as an Albertan and as a leader in their industry, and what their outlook is for the future.